Out of the Creamery and into the Brewery: On Feb. 8 we present world class athletes going nowhere, really, really fast on vintage wooden rollers. The newly opened Saucony Brewing Company invites you to sample their craft beers -- brewed onsite -- while cheering on your favorite elite, women, and aspiring racers.
Organized by the team behind the 2nd Saturday Roller Races, 5th Street 'Cross, and Saratoga Spa Cyclocross, at the recently renovated brew pub, minutes from downtown Kutztown.
Doors open at 5:30 - at this time we will allow folks to test the rollers out, so if you want to feel them out pre-race get there early!
Qualifying rounds begin at 6:30pm for all classes.
Raffle tickets on sale -- win Saucony Brewing products, and other items from our sponsors.
JUNIORS CAN ENTER THE RACES AND MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT TO ENTER THE VENUE.
You do need a USAC license to register but keep in mind you can also purchase a one-day license for $10 if you don't wish to purchase a season license.
Bring your ID! MUST BE 21 to drink.
Race on real vintage wooden rollers!
Fork Mounted Option!
Juniors and Stagieres have the option to race their bikes on our fork mounts. Get to race real authentic wooden rollers at your confidence level!
Cash purse based on entries and raffle proceeds. Top three finishers split the cash.
Elite Men (minimums): TBD
Women's Open (minimums): TBD
GEAR RESTRICTIONS & FORK MOUNT OPTIONS
- Elite Men: 88" (must ride a track bike and be free standing on rollers)
- Women Open: 88" (must ride a track bike and be free standing on rollers)
- Stagiere: 88" (Stagieres may use a Road bike set equivalent to 88" gear with no shifting allowed & have a fork mount option)
- Junior 81" (Juniors may use a Road bike set equivalent to 81" gear with no shifting allowed & have a fork mount option)
***Rollout will occur before time trial qualifications and before the main racing event.
All riders will race a time trial on the rollers to be placed in the brackets. Qualifications start at 6:30pm for all classes.
- Juniors - 2 laps
- Stagiers/Women - 3 laps
- Elite Men - 4 laps
?For each round the winner moves up, the other rider moves to repacharge rounds. Standard
- Juniors 14 & Under - 4 laps (.65k) - Probably take about a minute
- Juniors 15+ - 5 laps (.8k) - probably take about a minute
- Stagiers/Women - 6 laps (1k) - probably take about a minute
- Elite Men - 8-10 laps (TBD based on total number of entries, approx. 1mile) - probably take about 2ish minutes depending on which lap count we use
Contact us for more details!
Thanks to our sponsors!
Buy raffle tickets to have the opportunity to win sweet schwag from our awesome sponsors!