It's time once again for the Pace Bend Road Race!
First, a reminder about key details:
Located on scenic Lake Travis in the rolling hills west of Austin, the Pace Bend Road Race is one of the largest cycling races of the season. As one of the few events in Texas to feature full use of the roadway (no “center line” rule), cyclists from all around the world have found the race’s classic 6.2 mile circuit, punctuated by its sweeping curves and short, steep climbs, a prime opportunity to test themselves. It’s also an excellent course for spectators to get up close to the action. All sales/registrations final, no refunds. The event will be held rain or shine. All USA Cycling Rules are in effect. This event is part of the TXBRA Texas Cup - Elite event where points are calculated.
News for 2014
This will be the second year that Pace Bend Road Race is produced and presented by Boneshaker Project. Boneshaker Project works directly in the community to help give all kids the opportunity to feel physically strong from an early age. Through after-school and weekend programs that teach cycling, fitness and leadership skills, Boneshaker Project is leading the charge. Your participation in the Pace Bend Road Race supports our organization, so that we can continue our important work for Texas youth.
- Registration includes parking fees (voucher provided) - no more “bring exact change!”
- Boneshaker Project water bottle for every participant
- Register early for 15% off (Code: EarlyBird before Feb 3) - SEVERAL FIELDS SOLD OUT IN 2013
- Register for two or more races, $15 off at checkout
- On-Line Registration ends February 20th
- Packet Pick-Up/Late Registration - Saturday, February 22, 2-5PM at Division One Bicycles, 1620 E. 7th St, Austin, TX
- NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
Bring kids and their bikes!
We could use more course marshalls/volunteers, as well. If you'd like to sign up for a 2-2.5hr slot with us on Volunteer Spot, we'll give you a t-shirt, a food voucher and our gratitude!
- All junior (9-18yr olds) race entries are lowered to $15 this year
- There will be a Free little kids sprint “race” at Noon
- We will have a mountain bike practice course for kids
Last, but certainly not least, we need your financial support to make our programs successful. Please consider a tax-deductible donation with your registration or contact me to make other arrangements.
We look very forward to seeing you on February 23rd!
Boneshaker Project is a 501c3 Organization, recognized by the IRS, exempt from Federal Income Tax. Contributions made to our organization are deductible under section 170 of the Code.