The Snowman Adventure Race is a partner event involving one biker, one runner, with both participants sledding in most any weather condition.
Please arrive early for some coffee, stay after for some soup, and definitely join us at the awards Party! Costumes & themes are strongly encouraged (Prizes to top three team themes).
If your team is part of a "Group", list that organization in the Custom Questions when registering.
What's Included: Winter hat for first 50 teams registered, first beer free at Rising Tide Brewery
- The biker runs up the hill with the sled and sleds down to his/her bike
- The biker rides around the Back Cove Loop (4.5 miles)
- The biker then passes the baton to the runner
- The runner runs up the hill with the sled and sleds down
- The runner runs the Eastern Promenade Loop (2.25 miles)
- In the meantime, the biker brings the sled to the top of the hill and waits....
- The runner finishes at the top of the hill and meets his/her teammate
- The team tandem sleds to the finish line!
Schedule of Events
- 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM: Team Check In Free coffee available
- 10:30 AM - 10:45 AM: Bike and Sled Staging
- 10:45 AM: Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting at start line
- 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM: The Snowman Race!! (4.5 mile bike, 2.25 mile run)
- 1:00 - 2:00 PM: Post race happy hour and awards at Rising Tide Brewery!
The event transition/registration area is at the Middle Parking Lot off Cutter Street in Portland, Maine
Parking is available in the Upper Lot of Cutter St (First one on right), along Cutter St and along the Eastern Promenade.
Snowman Happy Hour! Friday the 7th from 5-7 @ Rising Tide Brewery: Pick up your bibs, hats, and enjoy a beverage!
www.snowmanadventure.com for updates, weather info, & facebook networking!