The 5th annual Wildcat 100 Bike Race is on the calendar for June 28th 2014, with a second day of shorter course classic XC Mtb racing listed as the Lippman Park Classic on the Sunday June 29th. Details below.
Having both these events will offer all levels of rider the opportunity to come and enjoy what Lippmann park and Lundy estate have to offer. With the community’s involvement and the support of the Town of Warwarsing, we are gearing up for another awesome event in 2014.
New this year is the introduction of the Wildcat 100 Trail Run. Modeled on the Hampshire 100 format, this 100K Ultra Trail run with be help in conjunction with the Wildcat 100 MTB race. NOTE: Some sections of the course will be shared by runners and bikers. Details to follow. Entries on Ultra Signup
THE WILDCAT 100 COURSE (100k = 7500 ft elevation gain)
Full course Overview: We are starting and finishing the WC100 at Lippman park.
The course starts with short road convoy as the riders enter the Lundy estate to climb some of the best forest track in the region. From here we descend all the way back down to the stunning and well-manicured mountain biking trails in Lippman Park. The work done here by the Renegades Bike club has created a very popular mountain biker destination.
From here it is back up into Lundy and using Rouge harbor rd we climb out of Lundy and up to Trail End and the Snow Mobile loops. Then it’s a speedy paved descent back to Rouge harbor and into Lundy estate once again. From here we pick up the same loop through Lundy to get back to Lippman Park. We finish the day by passing back through the Main Event site in Lippman Park. The 100 milers will do the last 33m of the Lundy loop again to make up the 100Miler.
We will have cut offs midway during the event preventing slower riders from delaying the event progress. Overall timing and cut off times are to be confirmed. Our estimate is for faster riders on the 100miler to pass the half way mark in about 3-4 hours. That would be around 10 am and finish race back at Lippman in about 6-7 hrs. As for back marker riders doing the WC100, we will double those times, with cut off times keeping the day under control
Aid/water stations are to be announced, and they will be dispersed about 10 miles apart. There will also be great spectator points where the riders can be seen, and these will be accessible on foot and by car using a map to be provided in the riders handbook before the race.
Lippman Park Classic: Sunday June 29th ( Entries open soon on Bike Reg)
· For the first year on the MTB calendar we present the Lippman Park Classic.
· 5-6 mile XC lap style Mtb race on the Sunday June 29th
· 2-5 laps depending on cat, of mostly a single-track course within Lippman Park.
On the day registration for the Lippman Park classic will be available during the day on Saturday and on Sunday morning at 7:30AM at Lippman Park,
· Riders Meeting at 9:30AM, Race begins at 10:00AM
THE EVENT SITE
Main Event Site Logistics:
· We will use the area around the pond at Lippman Park as the main event site. The grassed area of the park will remain available to the general public.
· Our finish line area (red area) would be set up on the backside of the pond. Riders will lap through the main event site and continue back onto the course.
· Camping for participants with a camping tag will be around the main event site. (blue areas) These areas are easily accessible using the road around the pond, and we request that cars are not driven on the grass. Only participants with our camper pass will be allowed to camp.
· We would set up a tent (purple area) to accommodate the riders at the finish area and here we would offer a BBQ meal and a beer to all riders. This would be a ‘chill zone’ where all can watch the rest of the event, and prize giving in this tent.
Event schedule: (subject to change)
Friday: June 27th
· 9:00 set up tents at Main event site.
· 12:00: Registration open and campers can start setting up.
· Course is set and open for pre riding with some trails remaining open to the public
· 1 hr after sunset- sound curfew starts around the Main Event site.
Saturday: June 28th
· 5:45 Trail runners start
· 6:45 MTB starts. In category waves 2 min apart. (Both 100 mile and 100K)
· 12:00 First riders due at the 66 Mile (100 K) mark, and 1st cut offs take effect out on the course. (cut off details to follow)
· 2-3pm first 100M finishers and 2nd cut offs on course.
· 4-5pm WC 100 Prize giving starts, depending on finish times of group.
· Pre reg for Sunday’s classic riders
· 1hr after sunset sound curfew again
Sunday: June 29th
· 7:30 On the day Registration opens for the Classic opens.
· 9:30: Riders briefing
· 10:00: Classic MTB race starts.
· 11:30 first finishers
· 2:30 Lippman Park Classic Prize giving.