- At 12:01 AM on Sat, Apr 12, 2014, the entry fee(s) change:
- $830.00MTB Girls and Boys Age 12-18
- $830.00Road Girls and Boys Age 12-18
- At 12:01 AM on Mon, May 12, 2014, the entry fee(s) change:
- $860.00MTB Girls and Boys Age 12-18
- $860.00Road Girls and Boys Age 12-18
- At 12:01 AM on Thu, Jun 12, 2014, the entry fee(s) change:
- $890.00MTB Girls and Boys Age 12-18
- $890.00Road Girls and Boys Age 12-18
Back for our fifth summer, the Junior Road and Mountain Bike Camps are geared towards ambitions male and female cyclists between the ages of 12 and 18 who are hungry to challenge themselves and progress in the sport. Daily rides and skills sessions, combined with daily seminars from area professionals covering topics ranging from nutrition and training to mechanics and bike fit ensure even the most experienced riders will come away with increased knowledge and confidence in the sport. All of this is combined with traditional summer camp activities when off the bike like swimming and canoeing. Both five-day, overnight camps are based out of Miller School of Albemarle’s historic 1600 acre campus and utilize the school’s dormitories, dining hall, and other facilities.
Mountain Bike Camp July 12-16
With several of the nation’s premier mountain bike trail networks within a 90 minute radius of Miller School of Albemarle, as well as a remarkable offering on the campus itself, attendees of the Mountain Bike Camp are treated to five days of challenging climbs, flowing singletrack, and hair-raising descents. Campers will hone their skills on a variety of terrain, and friendly competitions such as an eliminator race provide the ideal catalyst to push beyond their comfort zone. Counselors for the Mountain Bike Camp include current and former professional cross country and downhill racers.
Road Bike Camp July 16-20
Rides cover the most challenging and scenic roads central Virginia has to offer, highlighted by several ventures up to the world-famous Blue Ridge Parkway. Among other outings, attendees will have the opportunity to measure their fitness and improve technique in our 10 kilometer time trial and daunting seven mile ascent of Wintergreen. With the focus of camp being increase proficiency in road riding and racing, skills sessions cover topics such as feeding, time trial starts, cornering, and many more. Campers also have the opportunity to meet and ride with local professional cyclists Ben King (Garmin-Sharp), Andrea Dvorak (Team Tibco), Jake King (Hincapie Sportswear), and Curtis Winsor (Smart Stop p/b Mountain Khakis) among others.
Both Camps include:
Contact us if you will need airport pickup. We are able to facilitate pickups from the Charlottesville-Albemarle Airport (CHO).
- Multiple nights on scenic Miller School of Albemarle campus
- 3 healthy and balanced meals each day
Healthy snacks and ride food
Daily, fully-supported group rides
- Skills courses led by area professionals
Daily cycling seminars with topic ranging from nutrition and training principles to bike maintenance and bike fit
- Custom Cutaway High-Viz cycling jersey
- Registrants of both camps also receive custom Cutaway bib shorts as well
REGISTER NOW ONLINE!
Choose the category(s) you wish to register for above