The mission of the Thread City Cyclers is to provide opportunities for cyclists of various skill levels to ride together and to physically challenge themselves in a manner that builds individual performance, teamwork, and goodwill among club members.
The goals of the club are to:
- Promote cycling in Connecticut and other locations where TCC activities may take us.
- Develop riding skills
- Provide a framework for like-minded individuals to train and socialize
- Sponsor and support local cycling events including races, group rides, skill clinics, and overnight trips
TCC is a sanctioned club of United States of America Cycling (USAC).
· Dues are $30/year/person and $50/year/family (2+ people from the same household).
TCC Rules of the Ride
Due to inherent danger of this sport, TCC is not responsible for, and maintains no liability for any injury incurred during a club ride. For insurance purposes, participation in all races requires all riders to hold a current USCF license at your own expense (upon receipt, the license number is to be submitted to the club secretary for the club records).
The following rules apply to all TCC sponsored rides and events
1. All traffic laws are to be obeyed (These include but are not limited to stop signs, traffic lights, yellow lines, as well as trail rules)
2. Helmets are required on all TCC club rides.
3. Single file riding is mandatory in heavy traffic and congested conditions.
4. Sprinting and high intensity portion of training rides allowed only where traffic conditions permit (typically this is not inside town limits; the ride leader makes this call).
5. Absolutely no comment, hand gesture, etc. in reaction to automobile driver/passenger actions.
6. Use road shoulder whenever possible.
7. Use hand and verbal signals to notify other riders, as well as cars, of intent, road hazards, etc.
8. Riders are not to be dropped at stop signs, lights, or during mechanical breakdowns.
9. Intent of ride (Training, fitness, tempo) should and will be advertised prior to the start of the ride. If you aren’t sure about the ride plan – please ask before the ride leaves the assembly point.
Violation of these rules creates a danger for yourself and others on the ride. If you choose to violate any of these ride rules, the violation will be addressed by the ride leader as a warning. Repeat offense will result in a pro-rated refund of your club dues, acting as a severance of your club membership.
Please remember: Every time you ride in your TCC uniform, on a club ride or by yourself, you are identifiable and representative of TCC. The driver that crowds you, and then sees your salutation or the one who watches you disobey basic traffic laws could be the same driver that then puts the next TCC jersey he sees in the ditch. We want to build respect for our sport and our club, and we know that these goals will serve to complement your personal goals, not hinder them in any way. As a member of TCC you are acknowledging that you understand and are willing to ride within these guidelines.