Race Field Limited to 250 Riders ~ Mass Start Event
Categories for Men & Women:
19 & under
Clydesdale Men 190 lbs+
- Filly Women 140 lbs+
All competitor parking at lower Jackson Gore Inn parking lots, see signs at arrival and directions below.
- Number pick-up and rider registration open at Jackson Gore Inn, Ice House Bldg. Friday, June 27: 5-7 PM
- Event Day: 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Start time is set at 10:30 AM on Saturday June 28th, 2014
General & Safety Info:
- $50.00 until 6/1
- $65.00 until 6/26
- $75.00 @ race-site / day of race
- $15.00 registration fee for all participants under age of 19
Online registration closes 6/27 at 3 PM
- Organizer reserves the right to break the field down into packs for safety and logistical purposes.
- All participants must wear helmets for this event - both the climb and the descent.
- Bicycles must be equipped with front and rear brakes and pass safety inspection.
- We are sorry but due to our unique course no unicycles are allowed.
- ALL riders will be held at the summit until the last rider has completed the climb and/or the course has been cleared by race officials.
- NO riders will be allowed to descend the course until the course is cleared by race officials and riders will remain behind a race vehicle at a controlled pace.
Spectators and Racers:
The race start location is the parking lot area adjacent to the Spring House building at the Jackson Gore Inn.
- All riders must be staged and ready to start by 10:15 AM.
- The race course will follow the Jackson Gore Inn access road down to Vermont Route 103, turning right and traveling 2 miles along Route 103 into the town of Ludlow.
At 2.0 miles you will turn right onto the climb at the intersection of Route 103 and Okemo Ridge Road.
- At 2.5 miles you will bear left and begin climbing the Mountain Road. From this point to the top of the climb the road will be closed to all vehicle traffic.
- The overall distance of the course is 5.8 miles which includes the 2 mile stretch of Route 103 into Ludlow and Mountain Road being 3.8 miles on paved roads the full distance.
- The climb includes sharp turns and very steep sections.
- The overall grade is 11% from the 2 mile mark to the summit.
The event proceeds benefit the charities of the Rotary International and the Ludlow Rotary Club. We Thank You for your Support!
We will provide transportation of one bag per rider for the purposes of having extra clothing and essentials at the summit upon your arrival.
- Riders are encouraged to have extra clothing on hand in the event of inclement weather conditions.
- Refreshments (water and fruit) will be provided at the finish.
- There is very minimal parking at the finish hence cars may not be taken up to the summit prior to the race.
Spectators may drive as far as the base lodge about 1/3 of the ascent.
- All spectators wishing to observe the race farther up the course must walk or see below.
A SPECTATOR BUS will be provided to the finish line that will accommodate the first 26 people that sign up at the registration desk. Bus will make one trip only departing at 10:00AM, returning immediately after the race.
Upon completion of the event competitors and guests will return to the Jackson Gore, Ice House building for post race awards and BBQ lunch. There is a nominal fee for lunch for all spectators.
Direction to Jackson Gore Inn:
Located on Vermont Route 103 approximately 2 miles west of the town of Ludlow.
111 Jackson Gore Road,
Ludlow, VT 05149
For the most convenient lodging options, either at the start or along the race course, contact the Okemo Lodging Center
at 1 (800) 786-5366. Nightly rates from $49 pppd based on 4 people in a 2br Winterplace condominium. (Please mention "20% Hill Climb discount".)