About The Lucarelli & Castaldi Cup Series
This race is Round 1 of the 2014 Lucarelli & Castaldi Cup. The Lucarelli & Castaldi Cup links the Kissena Cycling Club Prospect Park Series into an overall series with leader jerseys and overall prizes awarded to the winners of the Pro/1-2-3 and Category 4 events. There are also separate Sprint, KOM and Best Master competitions for the Pro/1-2-3 and Category 4 races. There is no overall competition for the Category 5 event.
Click here for detailed information on how points are scored for each competition, prizes and Frequently Asked Questions.
- NOTE: The field limits are strictly enforced and most fields have filled up in the past. Pre-register online to guarantee a spot in your race. It's not a good feeling to wake up at 4AM only to find out your race is full at registration.
- Start/Finish and registration is located just past Lincoln Road. Cars are not allowed in the Park. Use local street parking.
- Day of race registration is $40. NOTE: The pre-registered line moves much faster in the morning so register online and spend less time waiting in line and more time getting ready to race!
- Masters, Women and Juniors race with their category. Junior entry fee is $5.
- For those without a USA Cycling Racing license ONE-DAY LICENSES are available on the day of the event at a cost of $10 . Please note that one-day licenses can be purchased only by unlicensed or Category 5 Men or unlicensed or Category 4 women.
- Promoter reserves the right to shorten race distances due to weather conditions and/or time constraints.
- Promoter reserves the right to cancel, combine fields and/or reduce prize money if minimum fields are not met.
3.4 mile loop along the park roadway in Prospect Park. The course features one moderate (big ring) hill and sweeping turns. Although the course is closed to traffic, you will frequently encounter other park users (pedestrians, cyclist etc.), on the park roadway. For this reason all competitors are advised to stay alert and be polite to other park users.
VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!!
Riders must not enter the "recreation" lane (aka jogger's lane) on the left side of the roadway for any reason. Any rider entering this lane, even momentarily, will be disqualified and suspended by USA Cycling and will not be permitted to race in NY Parks for three months and will not be permitted to race in any Kissena Cycling Club event in Prospect Park for one year.