Come out and test yourself against Junior racers from across the state at the Roanoke Valley Junior Mountain Bike Championship. Riders will compete on a challenging four mile course in one of three age/skill categories: Elementary; Junior Varsity; and Varsity.
We’ll also include free races for the younger kids on a scaled down course. There will be plenty of swag for everyone, and prizes will be awarded for the top 3 male and female finishers in each category. This will be a great warm-up for juniors planning to race at Nationals in July.
When the Junior races are over we'll open up the course to the adults to find out how they stack up against the kids. Proceeds from the adult races will be used to promote additional junior cycling initiatives around the Roanoke Valley. You won't find a better way to have fun and support a great cause at the same time.
Important Info for Junior Racers
- Boys and girls will race together by age group but will be scored separately.
- Only riders between racing age 9 and 12 will be permitted to race in the Elementary group.
- Riders in the 11th or 12th grade with less than 1 year of racing experience may race in the Junior Varsity group.
- Any rider may elect to race in a higher age group.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 male and female finishers in each age group.
- Riders may also compete in the Southwest Virginia High School Triple Crown Competition. Details are available at http://rvjrmtb.com/high-school-omnium/