White Park Cyclocross
ABRA Cyclocross Series #5
White Park, Upper Ball Fields
November 15, 2014
USAC Permit # Pending
*West Virginia State Cyclo-cross Championship
Course: Course loop is approximately 1.25 - 1.5 miles long and fast. Fast lap times will be slightly over 6 minutes. Mixture of grass* and pavement** • Off camber surfaces • Lots of tight turns • Obstacles per loop include one set of man-made barriers.
Mississippi Street, Ice Rink
Morgantown, WV 26505
Call ups: Don't Start in the back of the field! Top 8 riders with ABRA Cyclocross Series Points will receive a call up for the first row of the start (Only if said rider is PREREGISTERED). From that point call ups are based on PREREGISTRATION order. Also within said order may or may not be "Promoters Discretion" call ups. Riders who register day of will scrum for position.
WV State Championship Information:
Only WV residences that hold an annual USAC racing license are eligible to win a Cyclo-cross state title.
on Bikereg.com for only $30. Race day registration will be $40 and will open at 8:15 AM. USAC License required for all riders. Annual License or a One-day License can be purchased at the event for those who do not hold a USAC Racing License for $10.00.
Cat 5 race at 9:15 is for beginners to experience the fun of cyclocross without racing against seasoned CX racers. This class does not collect points towards a series competition.
Second Race Entered only $15.00
Race day registration opens at 8:15 AM.
1.Mass start by class
2.After the time has elapsed and the lead rider crosses the finish line the bell will sound. All riders will complete one more lap after the bell has sounded.
3. There are many hazards both natural and man made. The race organizers will make every effort to make the course as safe as possible, however all racers are expected to be conscientious of both the hazards and other riders on course.
4. Lapped riders will yield to riders on the lead lap.
5. Short cutting the course will result in disqualification.
6. There will be a pit area where parts/bikes may be exchanged. If a rider for any reason needs to to enter the pit they MUST follow around the complete course till they come to the pit entrance. No short cutting the course to get to pit area and NO back tracking to do so.
7. All riders must wear helmets.
8. Please be courteous and respectful of others. Un-sportsmanlike behavior may result in penalization or disqualification.
9. Use of mountain bikes is permitted but bar ends must be removed.
Race runs rain or shine. All USAC rules apply. Riders must wear helmets at all times. Mountain bikes permitted with handlebar ends removed per USAC rules. Riders under 18 need a signed parental consent form.
Prizes will be distributed at the staging area within 1 hour of race results being posted. All prizes not claimed at the race are forfeit.
Results will be sent to USACycling.org
Event goes on rain, snow or shine!
No refunds starting two weeks before event date.
Appalachian Bicycle Racing Association
Pennsylvania Land Titles