15th Annual Mt Ascutney Bicycle Hill Climb.
This fun and competitive event for cyclists features a paved 3.7 mile course with a 12% average grade.
This race is number 2 of 10 in the
BUMPS hill climb championship points series
Destination Cycling is proud to also have Wachusett Mountain Hill Climb to our events for 2014. Learn more and register here: http://www.bikereg.com/wachusett-mountain-hillclimb
This race goes by age on race day. BUMPS goes by age as of 12/31/14. You will be asked both age on race day and age as of 12/31/14 when you register.
Clydesdale/Filly's race as ClydesdaleFilly not age group.
Prizes: Cash prizes will be awarded for the overall top 3 men and women finishers. 1st Place $150, 2nd Place $100, 3rd Place $50. Prizes will also be awarded to the top finisher in each age category.
- Registration limited to the first 300 participants
- Adult Fee: From February 1-28 -$65.00 Tandem Fee - $80.00
- From March 1-March 31- $70.00
- From April 1-May 25- $80.00
- Day of- $100
- Youth Fee (for under age 20): $20 pre registration and race day registration
- Race day registration and number pick up opens at 7:30AM
- The first 200 participants will receive a free race t-shirt
- Race starts at 9:00am with waves going off in 3 min increments ** Note earlier start time than previous years**
- Age Category - Men & Women: 12-20, 21-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+, Tandem Team, Clydesdale & Filly.
- Cash & Prizes will be awarded at the base after the race - You must attend the award ceremony to receive your award. Please no exceptions.
Please make sure you understand our Race Day Disclaimer, Cancellation Policy, Refund and Exchange Policy before you register for this event. There will be NO exceptions. Thank You
DISCLAIMER: Destination Cycling reserves the exclusive right to determine who will participate in the Hill Climb.
RACE DAY DISCLAIMER/Cancellation Policy: We will delay the start time, postpone or cancel the race if the following conditions are reported on the road or summit on the morning of the event, HIGH WINDS or HARD DRIVING RAIN or anything that has the potential for an un safe event. We will stop the race if conditions are deemed unsafe for the riders in the race. We will not cancel the race for "uncomfortable" conditions.
Directions & Venue Info
- 3.7 miles climbing 2300' on an entirely paved course
- Average Grade 12%. Some sections in excess of 19%
- Course records and history are posted on the race website
- Course available for inspection and test riding during park season (day use fees apply)
- Course is open to riders from 7:30 - 8:50am on race day. The course will close to all traffic promptly at 8:50am
- Racers need to arrange their own rides down from the top of the mountain ($3 per vehicle to drive up, limited parking, purchase your parking pass with your registration).
- Helmets are mandatory for the race and for cycling down the course after the race.
- Drop bags (clothes, water bottles, etc) can be left at the registration table before 8:50 am to be transported to the finish line
- No riders or vehicles will be allowed back down the course until the last rider has finished.
- From I-91 exit 8 - Go 0.2 miles East on Rt 131 to stop light. Turn left on Rt 5 for 1.2 miles. Then bear left on Rt 44A for 1 mile.
- Free parking is available in the field across from the state park (near the start)
- Limited parking at the finish line (top of the mountain). $3.00 per vehicle to drive up the auto road. First come, first served
- Mt. Ascutney State Park requires dogs to have rabies tags and be on a leash at all times.
Campsites are available at Mt. Ascutney and Wilgus State Parks. For more information on camping, visit http://www.vtstateparks.com or call (888)409-7579. Visit the race website for other lodging information