July 11 - 13, 2014
Held under USAC Permit # 2014-745
Stage #2 - Road Race on a all new route for 2014!
Stage #3 - Youngstown Downtown Criterium
Tour of the Valley is a competitive, multi-stage event with 400+ pro and elite amateur riders from across the Midwest and beyond, touring the Mahoning and Columbiana Counties via 21 races in July. Competing for cash prizes.
Team Competition Rules:
- Days of Event: 3
- Towns in Event: Ellsworth Township, Columbiana, Downtown Youngstown
- Total raced miles: 142 miles in Pro category
- Riders: 400 per day
- Riders origin: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington D.C., Massachusetts, New York, Texas, Georgia, Michigan, West Virginia …
- Event Staff: 30 per day
- Volunteers: 50 per day
- Distance between events: 15 miles average
- Hotel nights: 2
There is are separate team competition for the following categories: All 5 winning teams will be presented "Leader Jerseys" at final award ceremony
- Men's Pro 1/2
- Women's Pro 1/2
- Men's Cat 3
- Men's Cat 4
- Women's Cat 3/4
Omnium Classifications & General Classification Payout: (detailed in race manual)
- ~ Teams must have a minimum of 3 riders per team with a maximum of 6 riders per separate team competition.
- ~ The best 3 results per stage by your team scores.
- ~ Scoring for team competition is based on TIME.
- ~ Registering for Team Competition: Choose the option that classifies how many riders you will have on your team. (3 rider team, 4 rider team, 5 rider team 6 rider team)
- ~ All riders on a team must be in the same category/field. (Example, Men's Cat 3)
- ~ All racers must compete in the same official "team kit", no mix match.
- ~ All 5 winning teams will be presented "Leader Jerseys" at final award ceremony after criterium.~ You can have your team members sign up on bikereg individual, just email use to confirm you are an "official competing team"
Pro Men 1/2 $2,000/15 Places
Men Cat 3 $900/ 15 Places
Men Cat 4 $400/ 8 Places
Masters 40+ $500/ 8 Places
Master 50+ $500/ 8 Places
Men Cat 5 Merchandise / 5 Places
Women Pro 1/2/3 $800/ 10 Places
Women 3/4 $500/ 5 Places
Juniors 17 - 18 Merchandise / 5 Places
Juniors 16 - 17 Merchandise / 5 Places
Cafaro House Residence Hall, Youngstown State University.
Cafaro Hall offers Tour of the Valley Cyclists a bed in a double room for $16/night or a single room for $21/night. Dorm style accommodations are dormitory style, with no private bath. Guest rooms are available at $35/night for a single or $50/night for a double. These accommodations include private baths. Please note that we do not provide linens. Contact – Harry Meyer Office (330)-941-7444**** Fax (330)-941-1325
*Please note DAY OF REGISTRANTS:
There will be a $10 fee for all day of Omnium participants.
Please visit www.tourofthevalley.com for the rider manual and course descriptions. Times listed are subject to minor changes. Please refer to final race manual supplied to all racers at registration.
Sag support will be provided.
Events goes on rain or shine!
Results will be sent to USA Cycling.org.
No refunds or transfers starting two weeks before event date.
Tour of the Valley is Sponsored by:
REGISTER NOW ONLINE!
Choose the category(s) you wish to register for above