Kings County Challenge
Kissena Cycling Club
Brooklyn (Floyd Bennett Field), NY
Saturday, April 17, 2010
These results are provided for informational purposes only. Please note that
the protest period for this event has expired and no changes can or will be made
to these results.
Kings County Challenge
April 17, 2010
Floyd Bennett Field, NY
Pro / Cat 1-2-3
1. Ken Harris (CRCA/Adler)
2. Giancarlo Bianchi (GS Mengoni)
3. Brian Breach (GS Mengoni)
4. Robert Lattanzi (Westwood Velo)
5. Eric Fischer (Clif Bar)
6. Alessandro Matteucchi (BVF)
7. Michael Boardman (CRCA/BH/Garneau)
8. Tadeus Marszalak (Kissena)
9. Wilson Vasquez (GS Mengoni)
10, Chris Chaput (CRCA/Adler)
Brief Race Report:
Ken Harris' (CRCA/Adler) patented "attack on the first lap" move did not happen this week.
Instead he attacked on the second lap. Giancarlo Bianchi and Brian Breach (GS Mengoni) and
Robert Lattanzi (Westwood Velo) went with him. They quickly opened a sizeable lead.
Breach fell off the pace and drifted back to a chase group. With about 10 miles to go, Lattanzi
suffered an untimely flat and despite receiving a wheel from a rider in previous race he was unable
to catch Harris and Bianchi. In the final sprint, the not-known-for-his-sprint Harris out-kicked
Bianchi for the win. Meanwhile Brian Breach found his second wind and escaped from the second group to
catch and then drop the tiring Lattanzi to round out the podium in third.
1. Leznek Sniadowski (CRCA/Organic Athlete) 2. Phil Penman (CRCA) 3.
Perlberg (Kissena) 4. Al Barouh Kissena) 5. Estu Taniguchi (CRCA/Teany)
Brief Race Report: Leznek Sniadowski (CRCA/Organic Athlete) won again.
1. Dennis Schwandter (Team HP)
2. Chris Castaldi (Deno's Wonder Wheel)
3. Anthony Maisto (Deno's Wonder Wheel)
4. Scott Gregoire (Major Taylor)
5. Larry Uhrlass (Team HP)
Brief Race Report: Although outnumbered by two Deno's riders in the final four rider break,
Dennis Schwandter (Team HP) took the sprint over Chris Castaldi (Deno's Wonder Wheel).
1. Seam Smith (Champion System)
2. Jonathan Zimmerman (CRCA)
3. Graham Macbeth (Unatt)
4. Remus Tomiel (CRCA)
5. Dereck Dos Anjos (Kissena)
Brief Race Report: The Cat 5's started a mere 30 seconds after the Cat
race making Sean Smith's win even more impressive. He attacked from the gun and finished just
about 30 seconds behind the 1-2-3 race. He never lost time to the 1-2-3 field!
Thanks to all the officials, marshals, pacers and registration volunteers who help make these races a success