Have Just One!
The CCAP DONUT DERBY is like no
other cycling event you've participated in this year. You are rewarded for eating DONUTS. The
more you eat, the faster you will be! For every Donut you eat, 3 minutes will be taken off your total time. The person with the fastest total
time wins! Come join the Aetna Cycling Team, CCNS, and many others as we start the off-season right!
This event supports the CCAP in its mission!
Day-of Registration: $35.00
- Fastest Time without Donuts
- Lanterne Rouge (Last Place competitor)
- Team Competition (Designated Eater and Rider)
Prizes will be given to each winner of these Special Categories!
Regular Ride Categories:
Men's Donut Derby - $30
Women's Donut Derby -$30
High School / Junior's Donut Derby - Free
Donut Munchkins (Kids' Race: 10 or younger) - Free
This is a bicycle event in southern Connecticut organized by racers
to start the off-season right. It is a multi-loop circuit, and it serves as a
great way to end a long season. All categories will be started together
and will be scored separately.
Location: Devil's Hopyard State Park -306 Hopyard Rd, East Haddam, CT 06423
Date: Saturday, October 26th, 2013
Start Time: 10am
Course Description: A 3-mile loop with a 1k steep dirt climb, followed by awesome rolling
roads and spectacular views of Devil's Hopyard State Park.
Race Specifications and Rules:
- 7 Laps of scenic 3-Mile Loop.
- Parking area, bathrooms, and registration will be at 306 Hopyard Rd, East Haddam, CT 06423.
- Start/finish area and Donut Eating Arena will be 1 mile from registration at the intersection of Hopyard Rd and Jones Hill Rd.
- For every donut you eat, 3 minutes will be taken off your total time.
- The Rider with the fastest total time wins.
- Helmets must be worn, All USA Cycling Rules will apply.