Welcome to the Vermont Challenge
and Vermont Challenge Gran, Medio & Piccolo Fondo
The 5th annual Vermont Challenge is the premier bicycle tour that traverses Southern Vermont over 2, 3 or 4 days including the signature Saturday 8/13 Gran, Medio & Piccolo Fondo for all riders, presented by our title sponsor Stratton Mountain Resort!
For our 5th year we've got something very exciting for you!
- We’re offering shorter & medium routes each day in addition to our tough challenging routes so your friends, significant others and club members can join in all the fun!
- On Saturday (8/13) the highlight of our ride that day will be winding up a four-mile climb to Stratton Mountain Resort for the only mountain resort-top Gran Fondo finish east of the Continental Divide.
- In addition to the 100 plus mile Gran Fondo, the Vermont Challenge will offer: Medio (65 or 68 miles) and Piccolo (26 or 46 miles) Fondos so the entire family & other club members can join in the fun!
- On 8/10 our Wednesday's kick-off dinner will again be held at the Manchester Country Club
- On Friday 8/12 The Vermont Country Store will again be hosting our BBQ lunch.
- We'll be celebrating our 5th year with a Bicycling & Food Festival in conjunction with our title Sponsor Stratton Mountain on Saturday 8/15 at Stratton's village!
- Manchester and Stratton become our home bases for all four days so you can stay in the same hotel for the duration of the tour.
- You'll have access to your cars for the multitude of activities you can enjoy on your own each afternoon.
Visit our Facebook page for news and updates!!
The Vermont Challenge runs from August 11-14, 2016 Registration closes on 8/15, for all multi-day rides and for the 1-Day Gran-Fondo rides
What’s included in your ride package
- Vermont Challenge Jersey - one of the finest soft tech fabrics available
- Vermont Challenge Tech T-shirt
- VTC Water Bottle
- Fully stocked Goodie Bag: "The Vermont Challenge Goodie bag blows away all other rides I've ridden by far"
- All Meals associated with the tour you selected
- Fully-supported rest stops
- Sag Support
- Bike tech support each morning
- $30 of your registration fee is a tax-deductible contribution to the Stratton Foundation's Vermont Challenge Community fund that supports the towns we ride through.
Early Registration savings!
Register now and take advantage of our Early Bird discount on all ride registration levels. Early Bird savings end on 32/28/16.
Sign up a team of 8 or more, and receive 10% off the registration fee after Early Bird discount ends only. Contact the Vermont Challenge at firstname.lastname@example.org for your team code.
4 Great Ride Options, plus the Fondo to choose from:
Challenge Options: Long , Medium and Short routes daily
The 4-day Grand Challenge: 8/11-14 - Total tour mileage: Long: 282, Medium: 188, and Short: 105/135
The 3-day Challenge: Any three day combination between 8/12-14 - Total tour mileage: Long: 217, Medium: 143, and Short: 75/95
The 2-day Challenge: Any two day combination between 8/11-14 - Total tour mileage: Varies based on dates chosen
The 1-day Gran, Medio and Piccolo Fondo: 8/13 - 106, 68/65 or 25/46 respectively
ALL MULTI-DAY OPTIONS ALSO INCLUDE THE SATURDAY FONDO RIDES
We encourage one-day Gran-Fondo Gap Century riders to arrive Friday evening and choose from a variety of Lodging options.
Please note our Cancellation and transfer policy:
There are no cancellations accepted since The Vermont Challenge is a rain or shine event. Your registration fee will not be refunded, however you may transfer your registration fee to another bicyclists if you contact us by 8/1/16. Only one transfer is allowed and you must contact us at email@example.com prior to the deadline to request a transfer of your entry fee. Transfers after the deadline will not be accepted.